Wednesday 1 March 2017

DIY DUPE: MAISON DE FLEUR/ VENUS ET FLEUR FLOWER BOX


After seeing on Instagram the Maison De Fleur flower boxes and falling in love with them, the idea hit me to do another DIY dupe.

I already had a vision of what I wanted my completed DIY to look like, which saved me a lot of time and money. I would advise doing this too as it will help you to stay motivated when completing the project.

The pricest thing I purchased was the flowers, which cost around £10 for the roses and £4 for the foliage. Granted, the flowers are a little on the pricey side, but they need to look real, so I had to spend a little more than I had first hoped. :(

I chose mine to be all one colour as it matches my room scheme, but you could do a mix of colours, create an ombre effect or even spell out names and initials.

This is super easy, has only 5 steps and would make a great birthday, wedding or Mother's day gift!

Make it your own and be creative!


Things you will need to recreate this:
  • Fake roses- Must be good quality
  • A box
  • Dry flower oasis
  • Superglue
  • Wire cutters
  • Ribbon
  • Spray paint
  • Green foliage - optional

Step 1:

Take the box and work out where your oasis will fit, this must fit securely in the box so that the roses have something to support them.

Step 2:

Take the oasis back out and spray paint the box making sure you're a good distance away. Leave to dry overnight.

Step 3:

After the box has dried put the oasis back in and cut the flowers down to the length you need.

I suggest cutting one first and using it as a test to make sure that the rose sits correctly before chopping them all down. The rose head should be level with the side of the box.

Step 4:

Once you've trimmed the roses start from the outside edges and work in a spiral motion until you reach the middle.

Step 5:

Cut the ribbon and tie in a knot around the box. I added in some green foliage to contrast against the roses, but you could leave this out.








No comments:

Post a Comment